Monday, January 19, 2009

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Obama

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Obama

I don't know that I could speak to him. I voted McCain/ Palin and I'm proud that I voted McCain/ Palin.
Beyond being civil like I would to almost anyone, there is very little beyond civility that I could say to him and REMAIN civil. I do not like him. I did not vote for him. I do not agree with him. I am not looking forward to inauguration tomorrow. I do not believe that he is the best thing for our country. I don't care that this is "a big deal" because the first black president is being inaugurated and it's a big day in history (seriously? It's crap like this that continues to allow racism to prevail -- people continually pointing out the difference between black and white). So, at most, if he spoke to me first, I would speak back like I would to any random person I sat next to on a plane, but I would say as little as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you're right about one of the reasons racism continues - we keep pointing out the differences!

odd how efforts to make us the same focus on moments when we're different...