Sunday, August 10, 2008

That Was Fun!

When I woke up this morning, I thought, "I want to do something fun today." So, I went shopping. I didn't really buy anything. Well, not totally true. Our LNT is going out of business and my mom has been looking for a slip cover for the sofa, so I found one for 60% off that will match the room and bought it for my mom. Well, technically I guess my mom and dad bought it since I put it on the credit card, but whatever. Minor details, right?

That still wasn't really enough fun though. So, I looked up what movies were at the $1.50 theater and asked Varenda if she wanted to go see What Happens in Vegas with me. After all, what movie with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz could be bad? And they didn't let me down. The movie was SO funny and SO good. I laughed and, well... I almost cried. It was nice to go somewhere with someone and have fun. And for only $3. I paid for her movie... I mean, it was only $1.50 and I sort of live at her house for free and she feeds me. It was the least I could do. (See how thoughtful I am?)

Anyway, know what's really going to be fun? When Courtnie and Ryan move here. Ryan is our new youth pastor and Courtnie is his wife. They're in their 20s and seem like they are a lot of fun. I knew who they were before I knew they were coming to our church. The church the attend (used to attend?) is in Charlotte, and it's probably my favorite church ever. So whenever I'm at my parents house in Statesville, I go to the University City church. And sometimes, I just drive up to Charlotte on Sabbath morning to go to the church. So, I knew who they were from Sabbath School and they seemed like nice people. I officially met them last Sabbath and Courtnie is just REALLY sweet. We have been commenting back and forth on Facebook. I can't wait for them to move down because it means I'll have a new friend. And of course, I can always use one of those. Especially right now. Things have been pretty lonely.

So, that was my fun day! How was yours?

No comments: