Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Love by the Letter (An Unexpected Brides Novella)

Author: Melissa Jagears
Pages: 125

From the publisher:

 Dex Stanton has never had much time for book learning. He's been too busy helping to provide for his family. Now that he's heading west, Dex is hoping to start a family of his own. However, his attempt to acquire a mail-order bride fails miserably when the lady writes back ridiculing his terrible spelling. Rachel Oliver may be the last person he wants to know what a dunce he is, but she's also the smartest woman in town--and it's clear he needs her help.

As their time together runs short, can two of the most stubborn people in town set aside their pride long enough to find love?

Love by the Letter is a companion Christian romance novella to A Bride for Keeps, Melissa Jagears's full-length debut novel available fall 2013. Includes an extended sneak peek at A Bride for Keeps.

 
My Review:

I liked this book. I wouldn’t say that it’s one of the best I’ve ever read, but it was good, light reading for my Christmas vacation. It had the typical misunderstandings that arise from a lack of communication and making assumptions, which caused some drama. The characters were ok but not unique enough for me to keep any of the supporting characters separate. That wasn’t so important for this book; however, the extended sneak peek at A Bride for Keeps made me long for more individual, unique characters since the two books shared characters. I had just finished reading Love by the Letter and had to keep skipping back during the sneak peek to remember who people were.

Good book. I recommend it since it’s free on Amazon right now. I got the kindle version for free and I am writing this review under no obligation from the publisher.

No comments: