Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Drag You Down -- Charlotte Kendrick

This song really spoke to me. I searched all over for the lyrics, but I don't think they're on the internet at all. So, I decided to type them out myself so I could share with you guys. If you listen to the song here, and figure out that she said something different than what I heard, let me know.

I’m gonna leave you alone tonight

You’ve been saying you need a little quiet time

And I don’t want to crowd your heart

I won’t talk about the future if you find it hard


It’s just that I was mesmerized by you from the start

But I’ve got nothing on you, you’ve got everything on me


You say there’s so much out there you still haven’t seen

And that you can’t settle down ‘til you can say you’ve been

Well I know restlessness and I know goodbyes

And that whatever you need to leave, never gets left behind


???Because maybe what you’ve been sneaking???? on bored your mind

Still I got nothing on you, you’ve got everything on me


You don’t know what’s gone wrong

You gotta sort some things through

I’m thinking you’re not strong enough

To say you’re not in love too


So if I drag you down let go of my hand

If this isn’t your town, find your promised land

I’m not angry with you for wanting it all

All I ask is that I be part of your plans


When I ask if you love me signs say yes

I’d like to freeze it that way ‘cause your past might test

Still I can’t help but notice the signals you send my way

You want your arms free, I want mine around your waist


And now you’re looking over my shoulder just in case

Yeah yeah yes


So if I drag you down let go of my hand

If this isn’t your town find your promised land

If I drag you down

No, I have nothing on you, you had everything

You had everything

You had everything on me


No comments: